My 12 minutes with Max Keiser on the Keiser Report

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on Google+Share on RedditPrint this pageEmail this to someone

My conversation with Max Keiser on the Keiser Report—“Where Money Goes to Die”—aired on RT.

In the first half of the show, Max and Stacy with their tongue-in-cheek, spicy, pungent, and edgy manner tear into central banks and their Zero Interest Rate Policy (ZIRP) and particularly their current Negative Interest Rate Policy (NIRP), which he calls the “new discrimination, the new Apartheid,” that “is impoverishing this generation and obliterating savers, workers, and pensioners by design.” And that’s “what the Libor scandal is all about, what all interest rate scandals are all about, what the Bank of England … and all the central banks are all about,” using interest rates to take us to “neo-feudalism.”

And then their guns move a few degrees and fire another salvo, this time at the “financial terrorists in the news,” the HSBC money laundering investigation in the US. It’s peppered with harsh words for the top bankers in the US and the UK. And then back to the Libor scandal: “despite all this loooong track record of banking crimes,” Stacy says, the banks are “still self-regulating.”

What a ride! My part starts about 12 minutes and 40 seconds into the video.

10 comments for “My 12 minutes with Max Keiser on the Keiser Report

1. July 22, 2012 at 12:59 am

I found your interview on RT very interesting especially your views on hot money which skips from commodity to commodity and market to market in ways that destroy the market fundamentals and whipsaw prices far beyond the normal trading ranges. We have studied this phenomena as it relates to commercial real estate. This is a fairly recent development fueled by actions of the FED and the Treasury to increase the money supply and suppress interest rates. It also seems that there is a concerted effort to drive money out of savings and into investments where it can be destroyed or expropriated by market makers and insiders. I was wondering if you had ever read the works of Richard Ney who wrote a couple of books including the Wall Street Jungle that focused on what he referred to as market specialists who make it impossible for regular small investors to consistently capture long-term gains.

2. Wolf Richter
    July 22, 2012 at 1:31 am

William – I haven't yet read Ney's work, but I just now put it on my list. Thanks for the recommendation. Sounds like an interesting read.

3. July 22, 2012 at 4:54 am

Wolf, caught your Keiser interview and was glad I did. Now I'm aware of this great blog and have your book, "Big Like," on order. (Wish I could also get it on the Google Play store.) Loads of content here to peruse, and many informative links. So thanks, you just made my weekend!

4. Wolf Richter
    July 22, 2012 at 5:22 am

Zaine – glad you found my blog. And thanks for ordering my book! Let me know what you think.

5. johnnygeneric
    July 23, 2012 at 3:08 am

Hey, that was pretty cool! It was like you do this all the time (and maybe you do!). If it were me, I'd be staring in to the webcam, drooling with mouth open saying "…huh?"

6. Wolf Richter
    July 23, 2012 at 4:41 am

Johnny – I'm a neophyte at this TV thing … only my second TV interview (plus one on radio). I hope there will be many more. I'm still learning the ropes.

7. hidflect
    July 23, 2012 at 10:48 am

Proud to say I was reading your blog BEFORE you got on Max Keiser. Kinda weird to know what a blogger looks like LOL.

8. July 23, 2012 at 9:14 pm

One of the downsides, and there aren't many, of living halfway up a mountain in Colorado is the wretched options for internet access. Basically it's dialup, or clunky and horrendously expensive satellite with its totally unrealistic FAP bandwidth chokes.

I mention this, Wolf, only so I could tell you two things: that I just burned up 50% of my 24 hour download allowance watching the video; and that it was worth it.
    Nicely done…

The host came up with "stupidity arbitrage", eh?.
    Can't wait to work that into a blog post somewhere down the line.

9. Wolf Richter
    July 23, 2012 at 10:24 pm

Hidflect – Were you disappointed that I wasn't some big burly guy, as my name might suggest?

Gunnison – thanks. You've been a reader/commenter on my blog since its early days. So I appreciate doubly your efforts to burn through your satellite allowance, just to watch the video!

10. hidflect
    July 24, 2012 at 3:13 am

@Wolf: Naah, not disappointed. You look as sharp as your posts…